About Breast Correction
Breast correction procedures can be performed for a variety of reasons to allow women to feel more confident. At our Houston, TX facility, Dr. Aldona J. Spiegel provides breast correction for women with breast asymmetry and congenital defects, or those who are born with hypomastia. As a female breast reconstruction surgeon, Dr. Spiegel knows the importance that breasts contribute to a woman’s perception of her body and sense of femininity. All women should feel beautiful and confident, and corrective breast surgery may be able to help. During a consultation at our Houston facility, Dr. Spiegel will work to understand your unique needs and goals before formulating a customized procedure plan that is ideal for you. Learn more by contacting our practice to schedule an appointment with us today!
"I cannot recommend Dr Spiegel and her team more highly. I attended her clinic when having trouble with uncomfortable implants after a previous mastectomy. Dr Spiegel suggested DIEP procedure and I was really not sure. Over the coming months both she and her team explained the procedure, the benefits and results and implications. I decided to go ahead and I could not be more happy with the results. I look like I would have done pre mastectomy. I have been amazed by the continued care and concern of the whole team from the finance folk to the clinic nurses and doctors and their absolute pleasure in seeing my delight. A fantastic experience and I can't thank them enough."- C.A. / Google / Aug 01, 2019
"Dr. Spiegel and her wonderful staff got me through the most difficult experience of my life. Going through mastectomy and DIEP flap reconstruction is traumatic. I chose her over other Houston area surgeons and felt that I could trust her. Everyone in her office supported me each step of the way. First, and foremost, this is a major surgery and you rely on medical excellence to avoid important risks. She is a perfectionist regarding medical safety. Next, her artistry is outstanding. She got the best result that could be possible. Finally, if you have radiation, it is a long journey of several years to get from the beginning to end of the process, involving a year of a temporary expander before the final reconstruction. It is important to have a team that you can have that trusting supportive relationship over time. I feel very lucky and grateful that I was in the hands of this wonderful group of highly skilled women."- L.S. / Google / Jul 08, 2019
"Dr. Spiegel is my guardian angel and I owe her and her entire team and staff a debt of gratitude that I will ever be able to repay! I am one year out from my original Diep flap surgery with her and I feel great- like myself again! After undergoing a prophylactic mastectomy ( due to testing positive for the BRCA 2 gene and strong family cancer) and getting breast implants with another doctor, Dr. Spiegel saved my life by removing the implants and performing Deip surgery. The implants cased me so much pain and diminished my quality of life but now I have it back. I have no more pain and my breasts are soft again and created from my very own tissue. Thank you Dr. Spiegel!"- J.A. / Google / Jul 08, 2019
"Dr. Spiegel was highly recommended by my oncologist. It had become necessary that I look into reconstruction and a lymph node transplant. Dr. Spiegel does amazing work. She loves what she does and it shows in the results that she achieves. I am very happy that I chose her for this journey! Her support staff are wonderful to work with as well!"- D.M. / Google / Jul 08, 2019
"Dr. Spiegel is simply fantastic. I am so grateful to her and her whole staff (Alexis/Nicole/Lisa/Aidee/Angie) for the wonderful care and support given to me from my very first visit to their office. Dr. Spiegel is so thorough that during the course of my visits, she insisted that I consult a GI doctor for my distended stomach. Turns out that I had an H Pylori infection for which I had to be treated. No other doctors had ever looked past their specialties to treat the whole individual, and I am 59 years old. Subsequently, Dr. Spiegel pushed for an endoscopy, and it was discovered that I had an ulcer for which I was treated. From cardio work up, lab tests to chest xrays, Dr. Spiegel ensured that I was in top shape for surgery and made sure that I understood all aspects of the procedure and treatment.During my stay at the hospital, Dr. Spiegel, Alexis, Nicole, Dr. Arroyo, and Dr. Vo infused me with so much strength, support and kindness that I have no words to express my gratitude and appreciation. It's been one month since my surgery and I'm feeling good, healing very well and going back to work next week. Awesome doctor and wonderful staff."- R.L. / Google / Jun 08, 2019
Am I A Candidate for Breast Correction?
There are several conditions and concerns that can be effectively corrected through a breast correction procedure by Dr. Spiegel, including:
- Hypomastia: A condition categorized as the post-pubertal underdevelopment of breast tissue.
- Congenital defects: A number of congenital defects can become noticeable during the development phase of a woman's breasts. These can cause differences in the shape, position, and size of one or both breasts.
- Asymmetrical breasts: This occurs when one of the breasts is different in shape, size, and location from the other, causing an imbalance.
Prior to creating your treatment plan, Dr. Spiegel will evaluate your medical history and have a thorough consultation with you. Additionally, she will conduct a physical exam, take photographs, discuss your goals and concerns, and talk with you about your correction options. Your treatment options could vary, depending on your lifestyle, activity level, medical status, body type, and expectations.
Breast Correction Treatment Options
Dr. Spiegel will curate your specialized surgical treatment plan based on the degree of difference between the size and shape of your breasts. Additionally, she will take other factors into account, including your body type, age, and skin condition. Some of the techniques and procedures that could be included in your procedure plan are:
- Breast augmentation: This procedure includes the placement of an implant in one or both breasts to increase their size, create symmetry, and reposition them. This technique may be especially beneficial for women with breast asymmetry in order to equalize both breasts. Additionally, it can be used to create the appearance of larger breasts for patients with hypomastia or a congenital defect.
- Breast reduction: Breast reduction may be ideal for patients who have breast asymmetry and are wanting to match the larger breast to the smaller one. Based on the difference in size and nipple position, this could be performed along with a breast lift on one or both of the breasts.
- Breast lift: A breast lift technique is usually performed in combination with either a breast reduction or breast augmentation to ensure optimal balance. This procedure lifts and tightens the breasts in addition to repositioning the nipple to fit the new breast height.
- Fat grafting: Similar to a breast augmentation procedure, fat grafting helps to increase the volume of the breasts. However, instead of using an implant, fat grafting works by taking fat from an area of the body and injecting it into the breasts. Since fat injections and the survival rate of transplanted cells can be unpredictable, this technique may not be ideal for every patient.
Your breast correction procedure could include one or a combination of these procedures, depending on your concerns and goals. In your consultation, Dr. Spiegel will carefully evaluate the current condition of your breasts and your desired outcome to create a treatment plan that is best for you.
After Your Breast Correction
Following your breast correction procedure(s), Dr. Spiegel will provide you with all necessary aftercare instructions to allow you to heal properly. You may also need to wear specific compression garments for an amount of time during your recovery. Additionally, you will need to attend follow-up appointments at our Houston, TX facility so that Dr. Spiegel can monitor your healing process and make sure you are recovering well. We also encourage you to contact our practice if you have any questions or concerns after your procedure.
Learn About Your Correction Options
Breast correction can be a useful procedure option in helping you feel more confident in the shape, size, and position of one or both of your breasts. Dr. Spiegel and her skilled team will work with you to create the best possible treatment option to adhere to your goals and concerns. Contact our Houston, TX facility to learn more and to schedule your initial consultation at our practice.